Well, I guess stories of women’s self-determination and self-actualization can only go on for so long until babies start becoming a necessity. Because women simply can’t be whole without also being mothers.
Can I point this out? OUAT is a female centric show and it only took until season three for the Baby Train to pull into the station. Meanwhile, let’s look at….say…..Supernatural. That show has a large female fan base, but is still a show about men. We’re on like season fifteen or something and…..NO BABIES FOR THE WINCHESTERS.
But, I guess women don’t get to have ten+ seasons of story dedicated strictly to their own development. Because women get to be sex objects, then we get to be mothers, then we get to be invisible.
Piss off, world. You’re stupid and I hate you right now.
Other Once Upon A Time Thoughts:
- “There is more you need… BOOP.” Cuz it’s not enough for a woman to just have revenge or a steak or a dog or whatever.
- You’re a misogynist jerk, Rumplestiltskin.
- “There’s more to life than work. Maybe that’s why you feel dissatisfied. What’s the point if you don’t have someone to share it with.” This is why I was so hardcore about screening therapists. I didn’t want someone shoving their own value system on me.
- You’re a terrible therapist, Jiminy Cricket.
- “I should be overflowing with regret, but I’m not because it got me my son.” So, motherhood is worth mass murder and displacement of millions? GOT IT.
- At least the dads on Show are going through mostly the same stuff as the moms. That’s something, I guess.
- Obviously, I’m having some issues. Not because Show is touching upon some primal motherhood urge. But because as I’m getting older, I’m realizing that I have no place in the culture.