I DON’T EVEN KNOW WHAT I’M WATCHING ANYMORE.
Show has been a mess this season, culminating in this mid-season uber-mess. We’re in Storybrooke. Then we’re back to pregnant Snow White and the magic wardrobe. Now it’s Hook’s first time in Neverland. Emma is giving birth. Belle and Rumpy are having a…thing. Henry is getting the fairy tale book for the first time.
And then it’s one year later. Christ.
I can’t. I couldn’t.
I had to retreat into boot shopping. Because Modcloth boots? Not built for the amount of walking I do. I’ve had this pair for for about a year and the soles are already falling off. I’ve paid less for shoes from Target that have lasted longer under similar wear. When I pay $50+ for a pair of shoes, I expect to have them for a couple years. Normally, I’d just wear another pair of shoes, but it’s too cold to wear my Camper flats and my plaid Chucks are also falling apart. I’m just wearing my Docs into the ground right now.
Don’t even get me started on my F’Uggs. I do not regret buying them because my apartment gets very cold in the winter and they’re great slippers. I do regret having worn them in public as if they were proper shoes.
So, Show completely lost me with this episode. But, on a positive note, by the end of the hour I’d added a few pairs of Frye boots to my eBay watch list. So, there’s that.
Other OUAT Thoughts:
- Check it out! Young Henry gets to do something other than act earnest!
- Oooooh. Young Henry is really bad at being bad.
- “I never loved Rumple.” I’m sure Pan’s outburst about his child sucking the life out of him was supposed to be shocking, but I’ve heard similar sentiments before and from real people with real children. As we learn in mandated reporter training every year, not all parents are caring and want the best for their children.
- I’ve participated in mandated reporter training 12 times. Every time, it makes me hate humanity. And then I have to go play with puppies.
- “(Love) doesn’t just come from romance or family. It can also come from loyalty, friendship.”
- There’s a black fairy? How did I miss her?
- It’s a miracle that Storybrooke hasn’t gotten the EPA’s attention with how often it gets enveloped by candy colored fog.
- “Fairytales are a reminder that our lives will get better if we just hold on to hope.” HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
- Fairy tales are a hopeful fantasy that the wicked will get their just desserts. Like Cinderella’s stepsisters being blinded and mutilated by doves or Snow White’s evil queen being forced to dance in red hot iron slippers until she dropped dead.
- OH, GREAT. Here’s the Wicked Witch of The West because Oz The Great and Powerful tanked and Disney owns everything. Let’s just throw Loki in there while we’re at it.
- I’m actually OK with that as long as Loki is still played by Tom Hiddleston.
- I’m just waiting for Darth Vader and Kermit the Frog to show up on OUAT, now.
So, that’s it for Once Upon A Time until March 9th. Hopefully, Show will find its way back by then.