With this episode, it feels like The Walking Dead showed itself to be as bad as I’ve suspected it’s been.
That statement really does make sense.
As much as I’ve bitched about it, I have been giving Show a pass for some time. After Frank Darabont left, Show had to find its footing, so that season’s suckage was largely forgiven. Season 3 has been far better but, revisiting the S3 episodes, I’m finding that the memorable, awesome moments that make me love Show are balanced by moments of sheer stupidity.
“The Suicide King” tipped the scale toward stupidity and brought back all those negative season 2 thoughts.
Other Walking Dead Thoughts:
- I’m still disappointed that the Governor didn’t get a spoon shoved up his ass. What he experienced at the hands of Michonne in the show was, comparatively, a minor beating. His reaction isn’t commensurate with the beating he got. Basically, he got beat up by a girl and now he’s acting like a petulant teenager.
- I laughed my ass off at the stompy way he stomped out of his house, shot a dying guy in the head, and stomped back inside without a word, like a teenage boy taking out the trash.
- EVERYONE IN WOODBURY IS AN IDIOT.
- “It’s not safe here!” they cried, demanding to be let out of town to fend for themselves in the zombie-infested countryside, where there’s no armed guards or food or medical clinic.
- What is Rick’s beef with Michonne? That’s not been fully explained and it’s starting to bug me.
- Rick was willing to let Merle into the group – Merle, who can’t go five seconds without antagonizing someone because why the fcuk not? – while forcing Michonne out.
- Or, maybe it didn’t play out that way. I was so bored that, several times, my mind wandered to The West Wing, which I’m now watching for the first time on Amazon Prime.
- I didn’t watch The West Wing when it aired because, for a lot of it’s running time, I didn’t have a reliable TV. Not for hipster reasons, either. My TV back then was this freegan thing that had sat on a loading dock in Tucson for like a year before being liberated to my possession. I could only get twenty or so minutes of viewing time out of it before it made this spinny noise and shut itself off.
- Anyway, Rick Grimes is a racist asshat.
- OMG did Rick just name-check Oscar? Who the hell is Oscar?
- Oh, right. He was the black guy who replaced T-Dog for a couple episodes before getting killed himself to make room for Tyrese.
- Way to DIY a bassinet out of a discarded mail bin, Carol!
- I predict “Lil’ Ass-Kicker” baby items popping up all over Etsy any minute, now.