Time-terrorists are such wily scamps!
I just realized during this ep that their group’s name is Liber8, which is silly. Yes, they’re all about liberty and there’s eight of them, but aren’t they kinda giving themselves away with that name? Part of the terror in terrorism is not knowing how many there are. You’d think that, since there are only eight terrorists, they’d need that extra bit o’terror.
Instead, they go with “Liber8”, which sounds like the name of a suburban youth ministry. The type that has a smoke machine, a cool pastor, and white kids rapping about Jesus.
But, damn. Despite the hokey, giveaway name, these terrorists are resourceful. They engineered human growth hormone with just some tupperware, a car battery and some Mentos. And some dead guys’ pituitary glands.
Other Continuum Thoughts:
- “Wait till the phone company is the government.” From the start of Continuum, I understood in an abstract way why a corporate run government would be bad. However, Keira’s statement crystallized just how awful that situation would be. Comcast as the government. Time Warner as the government. They treat people like garbage now, when it’s optional to have them in our lives. Oy.
- “I like the variety and availability of meats.” Kellog’s talking about bacon, which is a totally acceptable reason to stay in the past when you’re a time-traveling time-terrorist. I regularly walk three miles to get a certain package of bacon from Trader Joe’s; I would totally go back in time for it, if I had to.
- If there’s no bacon, I don’t want to live there.
- That’s something to consider when applying for this Mars One astronaut thing. No bacon on Mars. Damn it. Mars One was almost perfect.
- Annnnddddd, Keira’s cop suit has shorted out. I was wondering if Show was going to rely on the suit as her constant trump card and am pleased to see it taken out of commission so early.
- Of course, Alec will probably be back up and running in an episode or two.
- Prediction: Alec will reverse-engineer Keira’s cop suit to create the tech that made him a corporate titan in the future. He will spend an episode struggling with this.
- This show has already run its full season in Canada. I could just look that up.
- I won’t.