I’m going straight to the bullet list this week because my thoughts on this episode are all over the god damn place.
Other Walking Dead Thoughts:
- Yes, Rick. Stand there and watch the wounded lady with the powdered formula fight zombies on her own.
- Never thought I’d say this, but thank god for Carl. He’s a shining example of a 10 year old with a firearm.
- Is anyone else having a hard time rooting for Rick? Is it just me? My default setting is “Root for Rick!” because of the comics, but in the show he’s kind of terrible. He certainly comes off no better than the Governor.
- I think “Ass Kicker” is a perfectly acceptable name for a baby. Certainly better than Judith.
- No offense to any Judiths who may be reading. You can’t deny that you’d rather be called Ass Kicker, though.
- Actually, you can. But, I won’t believe you.
- Oscar has quickly taken up the role vacated by T-Dog: the black guy who can’t get a line in.
- I suspect Oscar will also be dead pretty soon since Tyrese is showing up in the mid-season finale and everyone knows the TV machine won’t tolerate more than one walking talking black dude.
- I was expecting something much more sinister from Milton, not just a lo-fi rehash of what we already learned about zombies in the season one finale:
- All we really learned with Milton’s experiment is that he’s a science hermit. And not terribly bright.
- I’m baffled by Michonne’s behavior with Rick’s group. Surely, in all their months together, Andrea told her about Rick and Friends? Told her their names? At the very least, she witnessed the exchange between Merle and Glenn regarding Darryl. Michonne isn’t much of a talker and doesn’t trust anyone, but it seems weird that she would’t name the man who took Glenn and Maggie.
- Glenn: total badass.
- And everyone with Rick and Friends is that badass when it comes to fighting walkers. They may be only 10, but the Governor is right to be nervous about them.