Every time T-Dog speaks, two black men and a Latino dude have to die.
Or, the Walking Dead rule regarding T-Dog’s dialogue may be like this:
For every uninterrupted line T-Dog gets, a character of color (COC) has to die.
See, in this episode, I counted three T-Dog lines, while three characters of color were killed. So, the formula thus:
1 Line of T-Dog Dialogue + 1 COC Death = fairness and balance for nervous white people in the audience, who can’t handle so many talking black people on their TV machines.
So, that bugged me.
Another thing that gave me pause was Tomas’ use of gringo.
Now, I’m not claiming to assume that my experience defines everything. BUT! I lived in San Diego 5 years and Tucson for 10. I taught for many years at a school with a majority Latino population. I never once heard gringo outside of television and the rich old white people at the private dinner club in Tucson where I’d waited tables.
What I did hear was gabacho (as corroborated by Ask A Mexican).
Of course, maybe Tomas wasn’t Mexican. In which case, I was a real gabacha just then. Sorry.
Other Walking Dead Thoughts:
- That’s how you make an entrance: hack off a dude’s leg, roll said dude out on top of your host’s coffee table (which conveniently has wheels), and leave the amputated leg on the floor for them to clean up.
- That’s the zombie apocalypse version of dropping the mic.
- “I need bandages!” NO S#!T, CAROL.
- “I’m a s#!tty wife and I’m not winning mother of the year.” Lori still doesn’t know where Carl is and, now, the boy is armed.
- All I have to say to Lori is this: knock before going into Carl’s cell. That’s all. Just knock.
- The woman playing Maggie is one hell of an actress. She had boogers dripping from her nose and everything.
- Zombie panties.
- Or, as I call it, I needed to do laundry three days ago, but am too freaked out by my basement right now. And I hate doing laundry.
Lastly, statistically speaking, most of those surviving prisoners were probably in for non-violent crimes. So, that black kid Rick just locked in the yard with zombies? Probably not in prison for a violent crime. Probably there for weed. Maybe robbery.
Might’ve been a good addition to the group.
But, we and Rick will never know because Rick wouldn’t even consider listening to the black man. All that kid did was move toward Rick, who’d planted a machete in his friend’s head. And now he’s dead.
Can’t say I wouldn’t have reacted the same way as that kid.