I’m not going to take back everything awful I said about The Walking Dead last season because it really did suck. That was seriously some boring, heavy-handed television that irritated the hell out of me.
But, I will admit that Show made up for almost all of it with this episode.
Holy crap. That was good.
And things made sense.
And there was verisimilitude.
And it made me puke a little.
It was the zombie guard’s face being ripped off with the helmet that did it (which, weirdly, made me think of the flan I made in my high school home ec class. If the texture of your flan is “ripped off zombie face”, you’ve probably done it wrong). My head was between my knees after that. I came up a few minutes later, coughing, “I’m OK.”
Other Walking Dead Thoughts:
- That group is brutally efficient after several months on the run. That entire opening scene easily got across the new circumstances and the new group dynamic without uttering a single word. Rick is fully in charge, Carl doesn’t need looking after anymore, and they are hungry.
- Damn you, Show. You’re going to make me care about Lori this season, aren’t you? You’re going to make her sympathetic and make me love her before you take her away.
- Check it out! T-Dog speaks! I don’t remember what he said, but I know there was a “WOOO!” in there, along with a few entire lines.
- Any one else a little uncomfortable about watching a mostly white cast slaughter mostly black zombies?
- I love the idea of Michonne and Andrea roaming the countryside as a pair of zombie killing ninjas
- How do they keep that Hyundai Tucson so clean? Everyone in the group is filthy, so are the other vehicles. But that Hyundai is shiny and spotless.