“I thought the book of fcuking Lilith wanted us to go out and hunt? Or is there a part where we’re supposed to sit around memorizing index cards?”
Russell Edgington has such an admirable way of cutting to the chase.
Also, I was wondering how long Russell was going to put up with this vampire-god nonsense before going all bat guano and threatening to kill everyone.
His rejection of Lilith and Salome’s plan for a Vampire Taliban totally makes sense for his character, too. Russell is 3000 years old. With the exception of Judaism, he pre-dates monotheism and certainly pre-dates organized religion as the world has known it for the past couple millennia. He probably pre-dates that Vampire Bible, too.
I would love it if the Vampire Bible turned out to be Russell’s childhood scribbles or something.
Other True Blood Thoughts:
- This is what I was afraid of when I got my first period. I was absolutely certain it would be an uncontrollable flood. That sure as hell is what it felt like.
- “We procreate because we want to. Not because some dickhead dipped in afterbirth told us to.” Oh, Awesome Pam. Stay awesome. Also, please teach me how to dress like you and do my hair and makeup like that.
- Hoyt is a selfish douchecanoe. Good for him for leaving Bon Temps and starting a new life in Alaska, but come on. Asking Jessica to glamour him to make him forget her and Jason? That’s bogus. Since he no longer has the opportunity to learn from the experience, he’s just setting himself up for it again.
- Hey, Hoyt! You think you’re special because you got hurt? People get hurt, then they heal and keep moving forward. They usually get hurt again. That’s called living, a$$h0le.
- I’m so glad that Sheriff Andy is getting a break and, for the first time, seems happy and healthy. He and Holly are really cute together.
- Too bad his fairy baby is going to crash that party.
- “I don’t know nothing about birthing no baby vampires!” <head desk> Oh, well. At least Tara is getting back to being badass instead of constantly getting victimized. Love how she handled that sword!
- Bill is clueless. You don’t just give a new bible to a girl who was Christian homeschooled for her entire life. She likely knows the ins and outs of scripture and worship far better than Bill realizes and as an ex-bible baby, she’ll be able to spot bull$#!t and argue against it.
- Once again, in anger, Russell reverted to his true, Germanic accent – a reminder that everything we see from him is a studied act. Once again, his is the most interesting story on the show and he deserves a spin-off. I’m thinking something historical.
- It helps that Daniel O’Hare is a hell of an actor.
- And we’re right back to fairy blood and daywalking and Eric/Bill getting protective of Sookie.