Way to take your time with revealing half-naked Christopher Meloni, Show. Salome and every other woman on True Blood have all been able to get naked in 5 seconds or less, but with Meloni, you go with the slow burn.
Yes, I know I can find Christopher Meloni fully nekkid any time I want thanks to the combined magics of Oz and the interwebz. That’s like eating the same sorbet over and over again, though. Tasty, but predictably familiar. I want new half-naked Christopher Meloni like I want new sorbet flavors.
Here’s the play-by-play. Because I’m a pig.
Removing the coat….
Undoing the tie…..
Removing the shirt…..
You’re killing me, Show.
Then you had to put a naked woman in front of it. Thanks, Show.
Other True Blood Thoughts:
- iStakes. Putting “i” in front of a word seems terribly outdated, although it is a useful naming convention. Even without seeing F*** Up 1 and F*** Up 2 strapped into their portable, remote controlled stakes, I could’ve figured out what an iStake was.
- Pastor Taint Pig as the new Nan Flannigan? Not buying it. He’s an infant vampire and most likely lost his right-wing supporters the second he came out as one. His selection as the new face of the American Vampire League or whatever the hell they’re called shows a stunning lack of awareness on the part of Salome and Roman. They’re ancient vampires. They understand humanity. This is a stupid decision on their part.
- Sookie is having to face some consequences for her stupidity, finally. She’s lost her best friend with that dumbass “Turn her!” move, annnnd the Debbie Pelt shooting is haunting her already. I hope she gets arrested and tossed in prison. But, Bill will intervene, I’m sure.
- I love that everyone was surprised to see Sookie at work.
- Awesome Pam is so effing awesome. Her origin story is only making me love her more. I was starting to have concerns that her turning was going to be about something romantic with Eric, but she has such an ability to cut through the crap and get to the point. She didn’t love Eric. She knew what her life was going to become as years went on, saw an opportunity to evade it, and took steps to make it happen. It’s not everyone who can manipulate a 1000 year old vampire to her own ends.
- True Blood writers? Look at how you’re handling Awesome Pam with integrity. Now, treat all the women on the show like that.
- I’m guessing that Awesome Pam will be taking more of an interest in her unwanted baby vampire in the next episode. There’s no other reason for Eric’s lecture on the responsibility of being a maker.
- I’m thinking that Sookie’s and Laffy’s insistence that Awesome Pam be a Maker are similar to some people’s insistence that I have children. Some people just don’t want to go there.
- Awesome Pam as a mentor? LOVE IT! There aren’t enough lady-mentors in movies and television. Lady Jessica from Dune is the only other one I can think of.