I should know by now that if I’m feeling bored by an episode of True Blood, I should get ready for a slambang finish. Last time that feeling came along, it ended with twisty-head sex. This time. . . damn. I’m just going to skip ahead to my bullet list.
True Blood thoughts:
- “They killed my Cooter!” I want that for my ringtone. I’ll cut it with Nina Garcia’s disdainful, weekly recitation of “It’s not sophisticated” on Project Runway. Most awesome ringtone ever.
- Alcide, unfortunately, has gone back to Jackson. Hopefully, that’s not all for him this season. I’d like to see him naked again. I mean, acting again. Yeah. That’s what I meant.
- Eric’s pretty blue sweater is destroyed. I wonder if there are specialty vampire dry cleaners. I bet Talbot would know.
- Talbot’s purple sport coat! I must have it. I’ll roll up the sleeves and wear it with those granny boots I always wanted.
- “I’m bored. Take off your clothes.” Yes, Mr. Northman. Please take off your clothes.
- I’m glad to finally see Bill taking an interest in teaching Jessica. That can be good for both of them. Her for the obvious reasons. But, Bill learned at the hands of Lorena; teaching Jessica could help him clear his conscience about the things he did in that old life.
- Look at Sookie, all defending herself against the weregirl! Go, Sookie!
- Holy crap! Eric killed Talbot!
There was a sense of finality in this ep, as some lines were tied up and others started to intensify. I really wasn’t sure who would live and who would die. Talbot’s murder came as a surprise – I thought that would happen further down the line. I was almost positive that Jessica wasn’t going to make it out, either. Happily, I was wrong on that front, too. I’ve grown to like her quite a lot.
Lisa Fary is a graduate of the creative writing program at Florida State University and holds an advanced degree in Special Education. Her earliest influences are Princess Leia, Rainbow Bright, Astronaut Barbie, and her 6th grade teacher, Ms. Palmer. She’s angry that it’s 2010 and she still doesn’t have a hovercraft, but will accept a jetpack as consolation. That jetpack had better be pink with a rhinestone monogram.
Related articles by Zemanta
- True Blood episode review: “It Hurts Me Too” (tor.com)
- Trouble sinks its fangs into ‘True Blood’ (today.msnbc.msn.com)