Sometimes I want to smack the hell out of people for the relationship decisions they make. Today, I’d like to smack Alcide for fawning all over Debbie. I’d also like to smack him for putting on pants. It’s not equitable for Alcide to wear coveralls when just about every other man in the ep got their pecs out.
I understand that Alcide may want to date only within the were community, but I’m having a hard time buying that Debbie Pelt was the best he could do. He’s clearly the hottest werewolf in the area – isn’t there a nice weregirl to match him? One that doesn’t consider bikini tops to be proper daywear and wears her skirts higher than a half-inch above her her ladybits? Or, at the very least, one who just isn’t such a crazy bitch.
Other True Blood thoughts:
- Sookie is descended from people who dance dopily in gauzy dresses and white clubwear at waterside nymph raves. I get that the nymphs (or fairies or whatever) were intended to come off as joyous, playful, nature loving creatures, but it came across as very silly.
- Tara continues her reign of awesome! Neutralizing the Debbie threat in the shed, throwing Bill out into the sun. She’ll never be the same after everything that’s happened to her, but I get the feeling she won’t be a damsel again.
- “You wouldn’t even give me a baby!” said the strung out, mostly naked, twitchy woman holding the gun, who could clearly be a Mother of the Year nominee.
- Her challenger for the title would be Tommy’s mom, Melinda. I’m trying to imagine the situation wherein entering your baby into a dogfight is the appropriate course of action. Heavy debts, maybe, but there’s a better solution than risking your kid’s life in a dogfight: get a job, bitch.
- Bill had a secret Stackhouse genealogy file. Sookie’s blood allowed him to stay in the sun without burning up. Suddenly, his interest in her seems far more sinister.
- And Lorena’s dead! Woohoo!
Lisa Fary is a graduate of the creative writing program at Florida State University and holds an advanced degree in Special Education. Her earliest influences are Princess Leia, Rainbow Bright, Astronaut Barbie, and her 6th grade teacher, Ms. Palmer. She’s angry that it’s 2010 and she still doesn’t have a hovercraft, but will accept a jetpack as consolation. That jetpack had better be pink with a rhinestone monogram.
Related articles by Zemanta
- SD10: True Blood was EVERYWHERE (comicsbeat.com)
- Alan Ball, Stop Messing with Sookie Stackhouse (dante-andthelobster.blogspot.com)
- Learn About The Next Seven Weeks Of HBO’s TRUE BLOOD, HUNG And ENTOURAGE!! (aintitcool.com)